« Home | A brand new start »

The end of my 15 days agony.. the end of Year 2

My exams finally ended today. Like finally. The 15 days that I had to go through was bad. Today marks the end of my sleepless nights, whining about how hard my Year 2 was, the end of book-mugging sessions for Year 2.

Bye bye Year 2, Hello year 3!

So how were all the papers?

Some were good, some were ok, some were bad. Sweet, sour, bitter, spicy.

I think I've tried my best this time. But how best is best? How do you define the term 'I've tried my best' precisely? I've been questioning myself, but I still can't get the answer.

Does it mean that you've get a first class, that means you've tried your best? If you failed a paper, you didn't try your best?

My parents always tell me, it's ok, girl, as long as you've tried your best, daddy and mommy are proud of you. But when the results are out, will they be disappointed if my results are not up to their expectations (read: at least a second upper)? Even though I told them, Dad, Mom, I've tried my best but my results are still not good. Will they believe that I've tried my best? Or do I tell them 'I've tried my best' just to make them feel happier?

how 'best' is 'best'?