« Home | Bimbo! » | Walking down memory lane » | Backfired? » | Rest In Peace » | Stood Up » | The Beginning of Something New » | SOS » | Welcome! » | Ohh lookie! » | All I need now is.... »

Classical Music, anyone?

One of the perks of me staying in London is I get free tickets to watch piano recitals and concerts. Lucky me, I know a friend who always gets free tickets to concerts and piano recitals and even plays, and he always reserves a couple of tickets for my classmate and I.

Recently, I saw Marc Corbett-Weaver performing at the Parish Church of St George, Hanover Square. He was simply amazing! I was at Cadogan Hall, Sloane Square, last month to watch the Bavarian Philharmonic KlangVerwaltung with Freddy Kempf as the pianist. That was good stuff too! I also watched the London Chamber Orchestra performed. I was also at Cadogan Hall a couple of weeks ago for the Schumann Music Festival. (which I fell asleep, because I don't appreciate opera, yet.)

When I watch the performance, I close my eyes for a few minutes, and drown myself into the music. How relaxing! I like to read the summary of each piece when I'm listening so I understand the piece better. =)

I enjoy Chopin, Mozart and a few pieces of Bethoven's. Bach is not really my cuppa tea.

I like listening to Moonlight Sonata in the middle of the night. It has this special calming effect. This piece is also different from other Sonatas because the first movement is slow. From my understanding, the first movement of a Sonata is usually fast.

Fancy some classical music tonight? I'm in the mood for Chopin's Fantasy Impromptu and Bethoven's Moonlight Sonata. =)