« Home | The Beginning of Something New » | SOS » | Welcome! » | Ohh lookie! » | All I need now is.... » | I think I know where my heart belongs » | 'Chinatown Restarants Dominate Hygiene Hall Of Shame' » | Grumpy » | Chinese New Year Away From Home » | Daddy- The funny father »

Stood Up

Being stood up. I bet everybody hates that. Who in the right mind will like it when you've planned something out and your friend decided to cancel at the very last minute, or worse, decided not to call you until an hour later?

I have a friend who came over to London to spend valentine's day with his girlfriend and they brought me out to dinner one night. To reciprocate, I decided to buy them dinner at Four Seasons the next day.

During noon the following day, I gave the girlfriend a call to tell them about dinner and she agreed. She said they were going out shopping in the evening and will give me a ring after shopping. Tentatively, the time was set around 9pm.

So I waited and I waited and I waited. Harrods closes at 7pm on Fridays. I had expected the call to come around 7. At 8, still no news from either of them. By then, I was ready to go out. All I was waiting for was a damn phone call to confirm the time and the place to meet up. At 8.45pm, I told Babe I wasn't going out. It's pretty obvious already. I was pissed. Very very pissed off but I controlled myself. I forced myself to be cool and calm. I didn't have dinner. at 10. 43, I got a call from the boyfriend. He called up to apologise because the girlfriend didn't wake him up for dinner. I was at the verge of exploding but I just controlled myself. He did try to make up by asking me if I was free for lunch/dinner on Saturday but I said no because I had an appointment with my classmate. 10.50, the girlfriend called to apologise because she overslept and she was feeling unwell.

@#$^^&*(()(*%#%&(^*()%&)_(^%&%^#$%^&*(

If you were me, how will you feel? It's so obvious that they didn't want to have dinner with me, isn't it?

I felt like a fool. A big, big fool. While they were in dream land, I was dolled up, sitting in front of the laptop, Skyping with Babe and waiting for the call at the same time. Mind you, I even skipped dinner. Seriously, the excuse was damn bloody lame. If they respect me as a friend, they should have called up in advance to tell me that they were tired. I will me more than happy to cancel the dinner. The could have set alarm to wake them up. But nooooooo... they slept till almost 11! They stood me up for 2 bloody hours! How can I not be pissed?

No more next time. No more.

I would love to let you experience how I felt. But that will make me as low as you. No thank you.