« Home | 'Chinatown Restarants Dominate Hygiene Hall Of Shame' » | Grumpy » | Chinese New Year Away From Home » | Daddy- The funny father » | I.T.A.L.Y » | Going Away..... » | Balik Village » | Scared » | Crushed » | Temptation »

I think I know where my heart belongs

I had a heart-to-heart talk with my parents a while ago.

I know my parents want me to have a good career. They want me to work overseas before returning to Malaysia for good. I can feel that Daddy doesn't want me to go home so soon. (Maybe he regretted going home after staying in Northern Ireland for 7 years :P) He even said- If you can't get a job, then just do full time ACA/ACCA there. Daddy probably thinks studying ACA/ACCA full time means I have a higher chance to work in UK. :/

But I am not keen on studying full time over here. After all, I know I can do that in Malaysia. I can find a job and study part time. My parents are not getting any younger. Fees in UK are not cheap. I still have a sister who's going to Uni in a year or two, and another brother who's only in Form 3. My father is no millionaire. Another year in England means more money spent on me. It's been 4 years. That's seriously a lot of money. It scares me when I do the maths. I can't be selfish and think of myself.

After being away from home for 4 years, I think I'm ready to leave this country. As much as I love London, it's not a place where I belong. My heart tells me to stop applying for job and head home to work. Everytime I send a job application form, I have a feeling I will not even get an interview. KPMG said no to me- I expected that. I'm still waiting for a reply from PwC- Heck, it's been a while. The chances are slim, very very slim. I have no confidence at all.

I'm confused. Part of me wants to stay in London but part of me wants to go home.

But after the conversation tonight, I know where I want to go. But... to avoid disappointing my parents, I'll try to apply for more jobs in the UK. Well, if I get one, then I'll just stay back and try my luck. If not, then I'll just pack my bags and balik kampung.

Que Sara-Sara, aye?

And if I can't get a job anywhere, I'll be a housewife. Really!