« Home | Annual Dinner » | Just feel like it » | Cough Cough » | Il Divo is bad » | Me, the bad friend » | 想通 » | 笨女人 » | Halloween Night » | On the way to school » | Mumble Jumble »

Temptation

Got a text from a friend this afternoon.

Hi! How r u? Would you like to have a doughnut and coffee with me at harrods some time today?

Harrods!! The heaven for cheesecakes and chocolates and high-end designer labels.

My one and only plan for the day- stay at home and study. I know I will be doing zero revision next weekend hence this weekend is a stay at home weekend with nothing but books and journals and more books and more journals.

BUT...

Meeting up with friend + shopping + cheesecake = perfect Sunday

I don't care about Krispy Kremes because I can easily get them at Euston Station. I don't drink coffee but I want to go to Harrods because of the strawberry cheesecakes! The strawberry cheesecakes in Harrods are so tempting. They are the best cheesecakes I've ever tasted. The base- heavenly! The price? £2.25 a slice only! And it's from Harrods!

There I was, sitting on the chair, holding my mobile phone.

Sure! What time shall we meet?

Should that be my reply?

or...

Sorry... can't make it

I really really wanted to go... but... I must be a nerd this weekend so I can party next weekend without any guilt.

Besides, I've been spending a bit too much this month. Going to Harrods doesn't mean cheesecake and a cuppa tea. Shopping is a good excuse to 'burn off the fats' after tea and that will definitely involve spending a lot more money.

Looks like I've pretty much made up my mind not to go. Reluctantly, I must say.

So my reply was:

Hi Kate.. Sorry I can't make it today.. Have some work to do cos I wasted my day yesterday- am feeling so guilty now.

That's it. No more Harrods this weekend. Next weekend, maybe?

nyeh nyeh nyeh