« Home | Just feel like it » | Cough Cough » | Il Divo is bad » | Me, the bad friend » | 想通 » | 笨女人 » | Halloween Night » | On the way to school » | Mumble Jumble » | Oscars »

Annual Dinner

The Law and Accounting Department organised an annual dinner for us. My first formal dinner since arriving in London.

Here's a picture of the food sans the salad. I was too embarrassed to take out the camera the moment food was served because I didn't want my classmates to label me a jakun by taking pictures of the food the moment food was served. While waiting for the main course, I took pictures with my friends and managed to take a few pictures of the main course and dessert. By then, I couldn't care less if they called me a jakun anymore.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Salad was warm pear and walnut herb salad with Roquefort dressing and croutons. Something I've never tried before. The main course was pretty good but the vegetables were horrible. I didn't eat the carrots because they weren't cleaned properly. The staffs in the catering department probably gave the carrots a quick rinse and boiled them. I took a bite of a sugar snap peas and quickly gulped half a glass of water. I guess they sprinkled some nutmeg on the vegetables. Lamb was roasted to perfection. Gravy was mint, orange and redcurrant juice. Nice :) Then came dessert. A pot of rich chocolate with a vanilla seed (the menu said so) and coffee cream. I couldn't see where the seed was though. The dessert was so rich that I could only take a quarter of it. I'm amazed that the Italian girl sitting opposite me finished the whole pot! There were free flow of wine too- both red and white.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bonding time after the dinner

I'm looking forward to the Christmas dinner organised by one of my classmates. Self-sponsored though. :)