« Home | 想通 » | 笨女人 » | Halloween Night » | On the way to school » | Mumble Jumble » | Oscars » | Life in London (Part 2) » | Life in London » | London » | The Necklace »

Me, the bad friend

Recently, I've been thinking about how lousy I am when it comes in keeping in touch with friends. I can count with 10 fingers how many old friends i.e. school mates and college friends I'm in touch with now.

There's phone, there's MSN, there's Yahoo Messenger, there's Skype, there's e-mail. I never seem to put them into good use.

Maybe I'm just plain lazy.

I see friends online and I hardly talk to them. I have about 80 contacts on my MSN list and how many do I talk to at least once a week? Less than 10. How pathetic.

I knew I could use my summer break to catch up with old friends but I used 'they're all in uni' as an excuse. I only met up with 4 or 5 friends. I'm just never good at organising gatherings. I always wait till people call me up. Very passive.

Sigh... What happened to those 'friendship forever' stuffs? I wonder.

Adeline Yen Ma's grandfather told her- The only thing that doesn't change is everything changes. I agree. Best friend from college doesn't mean she/he's still the best friend now. I guess distance is probably the main culprit. Or maybe I'm just blaming distance?

Does 'Although-we-don't-talk-much-you're-always-in-my-mind' kinda thing still work?

Since school started, I make friends but I'm afraid to have close friends. Not that I can't. It's just that I don't want to. Too many bad experience. I'd rather keep my distance. I cried silently when I saw my best friend left home in the summer. I cried because I knew we wouldn't be as close as we used to before. I cried because I know we won't see each other like how we used to.

That's why I insisted on getting a studio apartment instead of a shared flat.

I'm pretty fucked up at the moment.

Crap. My neighbour is smoking weed again. Perhaps I should be a bitch and report it to the police. It's getting on my nerves now.