« Home | Mumble Jumble » | Oscars » | Life in London (Part 2) » | Life in London » | London » | The Necklace » | 'I'm going to marry an ang-moh' » | Ramblings of a Driver » | Dato'. So what? » | The Long Journey Back Home »

On the way to school

Last weekend, I decided to stop spending £18.40 a week on travel card. Instead of taking tube to school, I decided to walk. At this stage, I'm pretty hopeless at taking buses.

And so, I started walking on Monday. After checking out the directions on Streetmap.co.uk, I followed the directions and walked. To be on the safe side, I left home 2 hours early- Yes, I'm that paranoid. I must say I'm pretty impressed with myself. It took about 40 minutes to reach school. I made a mistake but realised it very quickly. :) It was very refreshing to walk on a warm autumn day.

Since then, I've been walking to school. By Tuesday, it took 35 minutes and by Wednesday, I managed within 30 minutes! I don't think it'll be less than that unless I run to school. ;) I take it as a form of exercise and walking to school is also a good way to check out nice cars on the street. I was never a big fan of luxury cars until I got my car this Easter. Since then, I've been ooh-ing and ahh-ing over Ferraris, BMW Z3, Porsches, Bentleys and of course, my favourite Mazda MX5. Seeing a Mazda MX5 on the street never fails to put a smile on my face. I'm serious! :) When I see my classmates, I always tell them 'Hey, I saw a Ferrari this morning you know. The number plate is XXXXX.' Big deal! :P

I walk pass the British museum on the way to school. I see crowds and tourist buses during the day. I see lots of Korean and Japanese tourists shopping in Bloomsbury.I walk pass Russell Square and I always wished I could have lunch or just simply go for a walk in the Square. I'm always on a hurry to and from school. I better do that before the weather is too cold.

Walking to school is definitely one of the best choices I've made since coming to London. Gotta enjoy that before it's too cold to walk!