« Home | On the way to school » | Mumble Jumble » | Oscars » | Life in London (Part 2) » | Life in London » | London » | The Necklace » | 'I'm going to marry an ang-moh' » | Ramblings of a Driver » | Dato'. So what? »

Halloween Night

I've never celebrated Halloween all my life. To me, 31st October is just another day. On my diary this year, the only note I left on the column for 31st October was: Hand in AC430 and pick up AC430 in A385. There are a few characters in Katagana printed on the bottom of the column but I can't read. Most probably it reads Halloween. Well, the only memorable Halloween was last year- not because I celebrated it but...

Last year around this time, I was up in the attic, surfing the internet, as usual. Suddenly, I heard a loud bang on the door. *Bang! Bang! Bang!* I was thinking which drunkard came banging on the door at such an odd hour. [Some how, the mabuk people liked to gather on the street in front of the place I used to live after the pubs closed] I was about to run down the stairs when I heard Yang opening the door. Then I heard some guys shouting but couldn't figure out what there were shouting about so I shouted 'Yang, if they're those drunkards just tell them to fuck off and shut the door!'

The 2 guys, dressed in some odd costumes, shouted again- Treats or tricks? Treats of trick?

Yang was like a headless chicken. She went banging on one of the housemates' door asking for sweets. It turned out, the two guys are our friends(!) and they came to ask for treats. Yes, you heard me right- instead of giving us treats, they asked for treats. *rolls eyes*

They took some sweeties and left. O_o

And I felt so guilty for being so rude.

What am I doing this Halloweeen then?

No celebrations. No clubbing. No pub crawls. No gatherings.

Instead, here I am, sitting on my dining/study table, preparing for my Accounting tutorial. How exciting!

Great. I'm turning into an account-nut soon!

P/S: I didn't see any pumpkins in the local supermarkets this year!