« Home | MooPig is craving for... » | 我等你 » | And All That Jazz » | Another one off the list! » | Unowat? » | A Message, A Phone Call » | Update: Wanted » | My Perfect Breakfast » | Is This Good Bye? » | »

Meal times

Lunch and Dinner can be a pain sometimes.

I think I've lost the passion to cook. I dread it when I'm hungry because I have to think what I want to eat, think how to cook, prepare, cook, eat and wash up. Cooking for a meal sometimes take up to an hour if not more.

It doesn't help that I live in a shoebox. The smell of the garlic, ginger, curry and etc stays in the room and it sometimes gives me headache.

I don't like eating over night food. I always like my food fresh and hot. Cooking a meal of chinese means eating for two days or more. I have to buy more than I require. Hey, I can't possibly buy half an aubergine because I only eat half for a meal, can I?

I've resorted to eating bread, salad and soup which don't need much cooking time. But then, I can't be eating the same food over and over and over again like how I eat my breakfast. They say variety is the spice of life. I need variety in my food.

I'm sick of eating noodles and pastas. I'm sick of eating baked beans. I still like Campbell's mushroom soup but they are hard to find.

3 days ago, I was craving for aubergine. So I popped into Sainsbury's and bought an aubergine and mushrooms, and dropped by the grocery store around the corner to get garlic and ginger. I started cooking and had a scrumptious dinner. Then came the nightmare: The leftover. I kept it in the fridge and didn't touch it for 2 days. I was hungry a while ago so I heat up the dish and served with rice.

Man, I could only eat half a bowl because the food wasn't fresh anymore. Aubergine turned soggy and it didn't taste like Monday night. I gobbled up the rice and no prizes for guessing where the aubergine went to. In the bin. I know I've sinned but I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Sometimes, I wish I could cook for friends and we could have dinner or lunch together. That will make meal time more interesting. But sometimes. Sometimes only. I've had my fair share of cooking with friends four years ago. At first it was alright, then it became a nightmare because I had to cook for 4 every dinner. I had to suit everyone's eating time. I had to suit everyone's taste bud. I had to cook even when I was in a bad mood. It was a disaster. Since then I've vowed not to be involved in any form of communal cooking.

I would love to whip up some Bak Kut Teh some time during the weekend. Anyone wants to come over for lunch or dinner? ;) Just make sure you sapu everything because... I just dislike eating overnight food.