« Home | Is This Good Bye? » | » | It's not funny » | Tuesday night with the profiteroles » | 'I'm ugly' » | An Angry Post » | My New Love » | 感恩 » | Back to London » | On a holi-holiday »

My Perfect Breakfast

I was never a breakfast fan. Dad used to threaten me with 'You'll get gastric you know. Daddy got gastric once until I rolled on the floor you know'. Or.. 'Later you get stomach ulcer only you know'. But I was still stubborn. No breakfast. I couldn't eat breakfast at 6 in the morning. I hated the school canteen because I would smell like the canteen after break time so I opted to stay in the class during break time. Sometimes I brought food but most of the time I 'tahan-ed' until 1.15pm or 2pm until school was over.

Then I went to college and I treasured my sleep so I hardly went for breakfast as well. Besides, my stomach couldn't really take it at 7 something.

Then I came abroad. I had to take breakfast during winter because I got hungry so easily. Breakfast was cereal or yoghurt. Sometimes I had bread. I got sick of cereal with milk, yoghurt and bread later. I skipped breakfast during spring and summer time.

When I came to London, I fell in love with M&S Breakfast tea and digestive biscuits. I've been having the same breakfast since October. I still skipped breakfast when I woke up late for class but I try to take my breakfast every morning.

This is how I like my breakfast to be:
A mug of M&S breakfast tea with soya milk. No sugar added. 2 pieces of McVities or M&S Digestive biscuits, broken into few pieces. Sometimes, I opt for the 25% less fat because they're less sweet but they are hardly on the shelves.
Put a piece of biscuit into your mouth, take a sip of tea and let the hot tea melt the biscuit.

Heavenly, I tell you. =)

What's YOUR perfect breakfast?

*I'm very 'yim-chim' or picky with my food. I find M&S tea fragrant and not too strong. McVities or M&S digestive biscuits taste better than other brands. Besides, they are easily obtainable. =)