« Home | 'I'm ugly' » | An Angry Post » | My New Love » | 感恩 » | Back to London » | On a holi-holiday » | A Story » | Game Over » | Tears.. » | My dreams... »

Tuesday night with the profiteroles

Despite the yummylicious whipping cream which I got from M&S, despite the huge strawberries which I chopped up and added into the cream, eating profiteroles alone is NO FUN!

During my last trip to visit Babe, we made two batches of profiteroles and they turned out to be the way profiteroles are supposed to be- not too sweet and fluffy. Of course, I was estatic! Profiteroles are not easy to master y'know! *blekk* Don't believe me? Read here

So last night, I was bored and was feeling pekish. I decided to make profiteroles and save some for my friends.

Unfortunately (sighhhh) the first batch failed! FAILED!!! I was disappointed and was thinking if I should give it another try. I sat down and reflected. Too much water, I guess. I didn't have a measuring cup and the recipe called for 200ml water. I think I might have added too much water.

I threw away the first batch. Watched another episode of House MD, which I'm addicted to it btw, and decided to give it another try.

The second batch turned out alright but I didn't add enough egg. The choux pastry wasn't fluffy enough and the first 9 which went into the oven didn't rise properly. Blergh. *curse curse curse*
The other tray which went into the oven, on the other hand, turned out pretty nice. I didn't have mood to eat anymore. I spooned a teaspoon of whipping cream with strawberries and dropped it in the choux pastry.

Needless to say, the first tray of the profiteroles had the same fate as the first batch. They went into the bin. The second tray? They're sitting in my fridge now and I have no mood to eat.

Why? I hear you ask.... Because eating profiteroles alone is no fun! They're meant to be eaten with friends!!!!!

I can't wait to see my Babe and my Gucci Goldphish!!! I want to do girly stuffs with you again!!

By the way, Marks and Spencer has the best fresh whipping cream. It may be 30p more expensive than Sainsbury's, but trust me, it's worth it. =)

moopig misses her babe. moopig misses her babe.
woof woof