« Home | Update: Wanted » | My Perfect Breakfast » | Is This Good Bye? » | » | It's not funny » | Tuesday night with the profiteroles » | 'I'm ugly' » | An Angry Post » | My New Love » | 感恩 »

A Message, A Phone Call

Excerpt of the message:

still remember..how i had been always looking for you duringfamily reunions or family occasions...in fact, frankly, you are the reason why i have beenlooking forward to go to family reunions...i just love to talk to you, to be with you..cos just feel very relaxed talking to you.. we justcan talk about everything.. anything.. withoutfiltering.. and have a very good time indeed...and see my this sweet niece, manja once in awhile... really miss those days, eileen...and of course, hanging out with Sue Min... MeiHwa.. was very fun too..really miss you a lot, dear

Tears welled up in my eyes and they rolled down my cheeks.

When I was replying the message, my phone rang. And it was from my Aunt. I was so surprised!
It's been 4 years since we met each other. 2 months since we talked to each other.

When I read the message, I, too realised I was like her too. Whenever there was family reunion, I'd be asking myself: Will Khoon go too? Will I see her there? We always had so much to talk, so much to share, so much to tell each other.

For the past few years, family reunions were different. Because she wasn't there anymore. Because I couldn't talk to her like how I used to. Sure, I was popular among the kids. My little cousins would cuddle and kiss me when they saw me and they would play with me. But the feeling was different. Something was missing.

The phone call meant a lot to me, albeit it lasted only 12 minutes. She made me realised how close we used to be. Most importantly, she made me realised how much I've missed her.

I wish I had the time and money and I can book the next flight, fly over the globe to South Korea to meet her, to tell her how much I miss her, to tell her how much I love her.