« Home | When I was a kid » | Love, Me » | Big Fat Liar In The Making » | First Day Of School » | Of how I embarrassed myself in Boots » | Life After Exams » | Exams over! » | I am missing home. So badly. » | Something to share » | A Story- The Love That She Will Never Get »

Parcel from Japan

I went to Japan as a youth exchangee back in 1999 and that was when I came to know this Miyamoto family. I was really, really lucky because the Miyamotos don't have any children. Naturally, I was their one and only daughter. Throughout the 20 days stay, there was never a day I wasn't pampered. After the youth exchange programme ended, I came back home but still kept in touch with them. Every year, I send them cards on Mother's Day, Father's Day and Okasan's and Otosan's birthdays. And every year, I never fail to get presents from the Miyamotos. I normally get them in December because it's normally a birthday cum Christmas present. There's always a 3D card for me. Very nice!

Today, Postman Pat delivered a parcel. I was very surprise that the Miyamotos sent me yet another parcel! I spent about an hour trying to figure out what Okasan wrote in the letter. My Japanese is horrible! Thank God for the 'Translate' function in Microsoft Word.

There's a letter for me, some Japanese crackers (Okashi), sweeties and also a Sumo Calendar. According to Okasan, that Sumo Wrestler is the son of Otosan's friend. He's not famous yet though. It feels weird to have a Sumo wrestlet calendar hanging on the wall. :P

Here's some pics to share.


The parcel


Goodies


The calendar


Stamps