« Home | First Day Of School » | Of how I embarrassed myself in Boots » | Life After Exams » | Exams over! » | I am missing home. So badly. » | Something to share » | A Story- The Love That She Will Never Get » | I can't promise... But I'll try my best » | 2004 at a glance » | Sad, sad christmas... »

Big Fat Liar In The Making

I guess I'm turning into a professional liar soon.

Some time last week, I got a call from Great Vacation Destination. This time, it's not about selling their products. Instead, the caller told me I'm one of the 1000 winners who won a holiday to the US in conjunction with Walt Disney's 50th anniversary. After explaining everything, she said all I needed to do was to pay £400 via Mastercard. The telephone conversation will be recorded and yada yada. Upon hearing that, I told her I don't have a credit card. But she said when I filled in the form, I said I had a credit card. Doomed! I thought. Then I quickly said I used to have a credit card but my dad cancelled my card because I was overspending. That lady got stunned. She kept on persuading me to get hold of my Dad for the Mastercard number but I made up stories (again!) by saying my Dad was overseas on a business trip. She was so persistant that she told me to give her any credit card account number but I made up more stories. Finally, she gave up and put down the phone.

Damn it! It was a scam!

Yesterday, I got a call again.

Me: hello... [No answer] Hello... [No answer]... Hello...[No answer & I was fuming].. HELLO!
Caller: Hello, am I speaking to Mrs Chua please?
Me: Who's on the line please?
Caller: We're calling from One-Tel, Ma'am
Me: Oh.. She's away on a business trip.
Caller: When can I speak to her again?
Me: She'll be back after 2 months. Thanks for calling.
Caller: bye...

wahahaha.... I think I'll be a professional liar after more calls from those irritating telemarketers!