« Home | Missing the train » | Telemarketers » | And we thought he's dead! » | My Twenty-First » | Not everybody deserves a second chance » | Random Ramblings... » | Good bye my love... » | Selamat Hari Raya!! » | Forgive and forget? » | Boring boring reading week »

Sad, sad christmas...

This year's Christmas is going to be very very different from the past couple of years... It'll be a sad, sad Christmas.

It's Christmas Eve. Since I won't be spending Christmas with the Stockmans, I thought I'd better ring Nana to have a wee chat with her. Nana sounded sad on the phone. She sounded as if she had just cried. She broke a bad news and I feel so helpless. I was not only speechless when I heard the news but was also holding back my tears. The moment I put down the phone, I can't help but allow my tears to flow freely. As I'm typing this post, tears are still flowing down my cheeks.

For the past couple of years, I've been going to Northern Ireland to celebrate Christmas with the Stockmans. When Dad was studying in NI, he met the Stockmans and he was very close to them. Every Christmas, Dad would spend with them. When my cousin went to Belfast to study, he also celebrated Christmas with the Stockmans. The same goes to me. This year, I chose not to go to Ireland because I had a not-so-good experience last year. Anyways, I'm glad I made the right choice of not going to the Stockmans this year. I don't think they will be celebrating Christmas in a grand way because Joan is diagnosed with cancer. Everybody is sad. I don't think anyone is in the mood for Christmas.

I'm going to be all by myself tomorrow. I'm not celebrating Christmas. No turkeys, no presents, no yorkshire puddings...

Joan, at this very moment, I can't do anything. I wish I could talk to you now but I know I can't control myself. I don't want to end up sobbing over the phone. I wish you well and stay strong. Get well soon.

And to those who are celebrating Christmas, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!



I really want to do something for Joan. I want to see her but if I were to go to Ireland, I'll create more troubles for them. I'll discuss with my parents when I call them at midnight tonight. Perhaps sending her a card will do.

hmm sorry to hear that, well anyway merry xmas and happy new year, wishing u all the best too!

Hi Earl-Ku,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

Merry Christmas Eileen. And yes, there is something you can do for Joan - pray for her. This is one gift from the heart that money cannot buy. Hope everything works out well. Peace.

Hi Peter,

Merry Christmas to you too.
I've said a prayer for Joan. Hope she'll recover soon.
Take care

hi..well..im speechless after reading this blog but i cant help but wanted to wish u all the best and be strong for ur friend...i too am alone most of the year during christmas and i know how it felt. being in a festive season and nobody beside us to share the joy. however, what i learn being alone in thsi wonderfull holiday is to put some classy song, cook nice western food with red wine and sit beside the fire place..cossy..hehehe..how it help u....

keith
http://www.jroller.com/page/keithys

Thanks Keith =)

Post a Comment