« Home | Boring boring reading week » | Maid-less in UK » | Sunny Sunny Day » | New phone... new swell » | Pre-Raya gathering » | If only I could turn back time » | Rainy rainy night... » | My mommy says I can't speak Malaysian » | Malaysians-Italians-German get together » | Some people just don't get it »

Forgive and forget?

Easier said than done. Don't you think so?

Do you say I forgive you and when you meet that person the next time, you forget that you've been hurt?

Once, a very close friend of mine accused my friend and I for her break up with her then boyfriend. I swear to God that we didn't even tell him to break up with her. It was his decision. In fact, we did try to patch things up but obviously it didn't work. I was extremely taken aback when I read about it in her blog. I was so frustrated. Never in my life had I expected this to happen. She assumed everything and put the blame on us. Some time later, she found out that she was wrong. She apologised to us. I told her it's okay but we hardly talked since then. Everytime we talked, there was an invisible wall between the both of us. I forgave her for what she has done. But, I can never forget the fact that she actually accused me.

Forgive and forget? I don't think so. Maybe forgive, but not forget. A scar is a scar and it will always remain as a scar. One day, the scar might fade... but only time can tell how long it takes.

Forgiveness is much more than just forgetting, much more than just not talking about it again, much more than saying 'its okay.' The real test of forgiveness is whether the relationship has been affected. True forgiveness does not affect the relationship. A girl says "it's okay" to her bf for something, but no longer feels the same towards him as before, she has not really forgiven him, because deep down, the relationship has been affected.

Post a Comment