« Home | Forgive and forget? » | Boring boring reading week » | Maid-less in UK » | Sunny Sunny Day » | New phone... new swell » | Pre-Raya gathering » | If only I could turn back time » | Rainy rainy night... » | My mommy says I can't speak Malaysian » | Malaysians-Italians-German get together »

Selamat Hari Raya!!

To all the muslims out there,

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir Batin

Raya never meant much to me until I left for my tertiary education abroad. When I was back home, Raya was more like a public holiday to me. Staying at home being a couch potato all day, or tag along with my parents to their Muslim friends' open house during lunch time.
But for the past couple of years and this year, I experienced Raya in a different way. Raya is the time when I meet up with the PHD students and their families, Master students and also Malaysians with UK PRs. (They stay in a different Site, which is far from my place) And also, Raya is the time I look forward to authentic Malaysian food!



Only one word can describe this year's Raya celebration- FUN!

The food was good, the company was good, the games were good.. basically, everything was good.

We were supposed to start at 10am but some families couldn't finish cooking by then so we ended up having lunch at noon. How Malaysian, aye? hehe.
Met a few new families today. Basically, the 'married' ones are doing PHD and the 'bujang-bujang' are either doing Masters or degrees.
Unlike the past couple of years where we had food, chit-chat, cleaned up and left; this year, we had games like Win, Lose or Draw, Karaoke Competition, Drawing competition and Musical chairs. Obviously, drawing competition and musical chairs were for the kids whereas win, lose or draw and karaoke were for the adults.

Here are some pics. Please excuse the quality of the pics. I brought my camera along but I forgotten my memory card so I had to result to my phone hence poor quality.
Food, one of the 3 tables. =P
A Kelantan delicacy, Nasi Dagang.
Drawing competition
I just have to put this up. He's a darling.. isn't he cute?

hi, this is yunnermeier;) Are we talking about the same German boy?? The one who's gonna be staying in my place is called Oliver ,under RCBKS(Bukit Kiara Sunrise). I know there's another (or even 2) German boys elsewhere. *sigh* Well , my parents are sort of apprehensive of him coming ;) LoL

Wait, so are you in Britain now or are you back in Malaysia?

Post a Comment