« Home | I can't promise... But I'll try my best » | 2004 at a glance » | Sad, sad christmas... » | Missing the train » | Telemarketers » | And we thought he's dead! » | My Twenty-First » | Not everybody deserves a second chance » | Random Ramblings... » | Good bye my love... »

A Story- The Love That She Will Never Get

They met in a chat room one day.

He's 31, she's 22.

He's in the US, she's stuck in the UK.

From chatting in a chat room, they started chatting on MSN. They never met each other in person. It didn't matter at all. They became best of friends who chatted about everything under the sun.

After few months of chatting and exchanging daily e-mails, they understood each other better. Because of the time difference, he stayed back in the office after work so they could chat longer. He repeated this routine almost everyday, except weekends. Weekends were reserved for his wife. Yes, he's married.

Come over to the US for Masters- he told her one day

US? How can I go? I need a visa, I need GMAT. Too complicated. It's better for me to stay in UK, since I'm already here.

Don't worry, I'll arrange everything for you.

But you're married. You have a wife. How can I be there?

I have 3 choices. I can either divorce my wife, or we can continue our relationship like this, or we stop talking. But I don't want the third choice.

But she waited for you for 10 years before you took her as your wife. How can you divorce her?

He didn't utter a single word.

She knew he wouldn't divorce her. She knew things would be worse if the relationship continued. But, she didn't want the third choice either. She knew it was impossible for them to get together. She felt guilty for having feelings for him. Every time he stayed back, every time he lied to his wife for returning home later than usual, she felt guilty. But then, she couldn't help herself. She tried to get out of the mud but in the end, she fell in the muddy water again, and sank deeper.

She became more confused. She knew she would get nothing in the end but she was reluctant to let him go.

After contemplating for some time, she decided to let it go. She blocked him on MSN and stopped chatting to him completely....

Until one fine day, she couldn't take it anymore. She unblocked him on MSN when she saw him online on Christmas eve, a promise that he made to her that he would be online on that day.

'I must see you online on Christmas Eve or I'll die.' He dropped her this message one day.

She told herself that it would be the last night she chat to him. After that night, they would go on separate ways- he would go on a holiday and she would start her life all over again, without him.

She decided to go on a cold turkey treatment. She made up her mind that she would not be the third person in his marriage, be it in real life or in the cyber world.

Few days after new year, he went online. He cancelled his holidays and went back to work. She was so glad to see him online again. It was miserable without him. But little did she know that he had a surprise for her...

I'm a father now.

What? Your wife is pregnant?

No... she gave birth on the 23rd.

She broke down. She didn't know what to do. All the sweet things that he said to her flashed back. She felt cheated. After chatting for so long, he didn't even tell her that his wife is pregnant.

She confronted him.

Why didn't you tell me? I've asked you this question so many times.

I thought I told you, but I didn't. When I realised I hadn't told you, I decided not to because I don't want things to change between us. If you had known that my wife is pregnant, you wouldn't talk to me anymore...

Leave... just leave.

Talk to me... I don't want to leave..

And she went offline....

very interesting story... if true, is the 22 year old, you?

At least the guy told her the truth in the end..nothing like my own stupid online story.. :P
Very jiwang story u have there :)

Guy: I'm 21, not 22, so it's not me :P

Cherry: She finally knew the truth. Painful. Reality bites.

Well, she should be proud of herself for having done the right thing and being strong enuf to block him from MSN. He does not deserve her love. She's only 22. She will find love again from someone more deserving. Forget about the creep. He's probably chatting with other 22 year olds and maybe 33 and 44 year olds too!

MG: She is indeed proud of herself. She gave him a peace of her mind when he sent her an email later saying he loves her etc etc. I am proud of her too!

Wow, my first visit and found this thought provoking post. Life is full of temptations, mistakes but it is all for learning experiences and some memories. What is life if one has done nothing to feel guilty about, kick ass about. That reminds me...I must take my EPO before I snap more heads.

5xmom: To err is human. Nobody is perfect. A new chapter has started. Whatever happened, it's all history. Thanks for dropping by.

Post a Comment