« Home | Life After Exams » | Exams over! » | I am missing home. So badly. » | Something to share » | A Story- The Love That She Will Never Get » | I can't promise... But I'll try my best » | 2004 at a glance » | Sad, sad christmas... » | Missing the train » | Telemarketers »

Of how I embarrassed myself in Boots

My housemate was in the queue in Boots and I was together with her. While waiting, I saw a sign- 3 for 99p. Offer includes bla bla bla... I took 3 bars of Kit Kat.

At the till, the cashier scanned the items and told me, £1.47 please. I looked at him, stunned. After a few seconds, I asked him, Isn't this 3 for 99p?

He checked again and said, Nope, it doesn't say so. Let me check.

He went to the Meal Deal section and brought back a sign and was scrutinising it. No, it says here, it's 3 for 2 for Kelogg's Crunch Bar, bla bla bla

No, I saw the sign at the other till, not there [Pointing at Meal Deals section]

And he went over to take the sign, came back to the till and read it.
I'm sorry the offer expired.
I was so embarrassed at that point. I turned back and looked, there were a few people in the queue.
So, is it okay for you?
I'll just take 2 bars. Thanks.
I paid and went off. My face was as red as a tomato and my body felt hot! I think the girl behind me must be thinking I'm such a kiam siap person who argues with the cashier over a few pennies. Well, I don't mind paying £1.47 at all. But then, if the offer has expired, the sign shouldn't be there, should it?