« Home | A quiet CNY » | Dumplings » | Can I get the best of both, please? » | Joke » | Parcel from Japan » | When I was a kid » | Love, Me » | Big Fat Liar In The Making » | First Day Of School » | Of how I embarrassed myself in Boots »

Badminton tournament?

Yes, I'm joining a badminton tournament. Can you believe it? Even my own Dad couldn't believe me. He teased me when I told him I was playing badminton last week. Dad said, 'You? playing badminton? you can't even play tennis, can't even play table tennis. Squash... maybe, a little bit. Badminton?' Huh?! My Dad!! I've never held a badminton racket all my life until I came to uni and now I'm joining a tournament. =P

I'm joining it for the fun, not for the prizes. I'm supporting my fellow Malaysians who organised this event. It's not a big event, just something small among us Malaysians. I think there are about 30 of us playing. I'm not too sure although I'm one of the committee members. My duty is to wrap presents and also organise the 'sukaneka' for the kids. Hmm.. I should spare a 'rotan' in my bag just in case the situation gets out of control. ;)

When I woke up this morning, I remembered Mommy's words. When my siblings were younger, Mommy used to bring them to various parts of Malaysia for tennis tounrmant- Penang, Kedah, Perlis, KL/PJ and Terengganu. Sometimes I followed them sometimes I chose to stay at home and be a naughty girl. ;) Whenever I followed them, Mommy never failed to tell them: Down the line! No double daults! Cross court! Keep your score! Don't let your opponent cheat you! I've heard these a zillion times. Sometimes, at the dinner table, my parents would repeat the same old thing to my siblings. Now that I am joining a badminton tournament for the first time, I am going to do the same thing. I shall remember Mommy's wise words when I play later!

:)