« Home | Can I get the best of both, please? » | Joke » | Parcel from Japan » | When I was a kid » | Love, Me » | Big Fat Liar In The Making » | First Day Of School » | Of how I embarrassed myself in Boots » | Life After Exams » | Exams over! »

Dumplings

In northern part of China, having dumplings on the first day of CNY is a tradition. According to my housemate, the whole family makes dumplings together after reunion dinner and they start eating when the clock strikes 12.

This year will be the last CNY which I'll celebrate with my housemates. Sad, I know but parting is part of life. Life has to go on. Instead of celebrating CNY with my fellow Malaysians, I decided to spend CNY with my housemates, the Chinese way. :)

Unfortunately, CNY falls on a Tuesday and UK being UK, there's no holiday and we can't possibly 'self-declare' holiday on that day because my housemate and I have 7 hours of lectures on that day. :( So, instead of having dumplings on Tuesday midnight, we decided to have it on Saturday. :)

I tell you.. dumplings are not easy to make. Making the dough was tough! Poor Cherry (my housemate), her palms were so red after knitting the dough. I was struggling with tears when chopping the onions. We used minced beef, onions, carrots, spring onions and ginger as the filling. It took us about 1 hour plus to knit the dough and prepare the fillings, and another hour or so to wrap the dumplings! But it was all worth it. The dumplings were fantastic!

Some pictures to share :)


Dumplings


This is just a teaser


3 plates!


Final product. :) Pot stickers. Yummy...