« Home | Love... » | 'A Salad of All Topics' » | I had a dream... » | Reflection » | No Baking this weekend! » | A.V. » | Surprise surprise! » | What a way to start Monday » | An adventure... » | A game of Love, Hate, Like, Friendship »

Cheapskates

Scenario 1:
KFC
A family was having dinner in KFC. Before they left, I saw them taking away the chilli sauce bottles. They hid them in the daughter's bag. I was in disbelief. How can the parents allow this to happen? If they can afford a meal in KFC, I don't see any reason why they can't afford a bottle of Chilli sauce which costs like RM1.80? *shakes head*

Scenario 2:
Chinese Market in KB
I followed my Mom to the market one morning. After choosing the fish which my Mom wanted, she waited for her turn to pay. I saw this lady, dressing like an old a-mah, bargaining with the makcik. She bought a kg of Ikan Kembung and she was bargaining with the makcik. Fine. It happens in the market very often. After she bargained, she paid the makcik but the makcik didn't have any change so she went over to the other stall. While waiting for the makcik to come back, this lady took 2 Ikan Kembung and put them into the plastic bag. When the makcik came back, she still had the cheek to ask the makcik to give her another Ikan Kembung. The makcik refused but she persisted and finally the makcik gave in and gave her an extra fish.
Fuiyoo... darn cheapskate man!

Scenario 3:
Tesco supermarket
My friends went to Tesco for grocery shopping. One of them, Y, wanted to buy eggs so Y pushed the trolly to the egg section. Y chose the cheapest, those Tesco value eggs. Obviously, they are small. Y took a dozen of Tesco Value eggs and another dozen of Tesco large eggs and put them in the trolly. When nobody was looking, Y swapped the eggs and put the Tesco large eggs which contained Tesco Value eggs on the shelf. What can I say but shake my head in disbelief? Shameful, indeed.

I understand that everyone should save for a rainy day, but to this extend? I don't think so... This is too much!

Penny wise, pound foolish!