« Home | How do you like this Meme? » | Have You Eaten Your Easter Egg Yet? » | The Kepo-chi post » | The Price To Pay. » | A Night To Remember » | My New Hairstyle » | 偶病啦 » | Chopped » | 周日の晚餐 » | Work, as usual »

The Conversation Last Week

I love my 4 little nieces to the bits. And I know they love me too. Every summer, I make a point to visit them at least once a week and each visit lasts more than an hour. Everytime they see me, I see the brightest smiles on their faces. So innocent. So pretty. So cute.

Last Thursday, I dreamt about my little niece, Xuan. She's probably the least close to me because I was already abroad when she was born. But last summer, surprisingly, she called out my name for the very first time! Anyway, I dreamt she rang me. And she said "Hello Aunty Moopig."

On Friday, I decided to give the 4 darlings a ring.

MinMin, the #3 picked up the phone. She recognised my voice although the last time I rang was during CNY.

Part of the conversation:
"I have to go to school tomorrow. Replacement class"
"But you don't go to school on Saturday. Let me ring your headmaster and tell him students don't go to school on Saturday."
"No you can't! If I don't go to school tomorrow, I will have lots of homework on Sunday."
"OK then, I'll call your headmaster to tell him not to give you so much homework. You know, the students in England only have 2 pieces of homework every week!"
"But if I don't do homework, I can't get number 1 in class loh"
...... I nearly fainted.

I see the children here and the children at home. Big difference, I tell you.

MinMin is in Standard 2. I remember when I was 8 years old, I never had much homework to do. On top of school work, MinMin attends tuition- English, Chinese, Math, Malay and what-not.

When I went to kindy, I learnt English and only English. Mum said I cried when they sent me to Chinese school because I could not communicate with my classmates. It was chicken-and-duck talk with them. Don't ask me how I managed. I was perhaps a genius then. :P (I wonder what happened now lol) Now, kindy offers English, Malay and Chinese. They do Math. I think all I did was writing ABC, colouring and drama in kindy.

Woah..... generation gap. Generation Gap, I tell you. Scary.

And what happened to the conversation between little Xuan and me?

"Tata!" was the first thing she said when her sister handed the receiver to her.
Her mum said "Xuan! Talk properly!"

And she said "Chua Yin Xuan!" and handed the receiver to her sister. She was too busy with her toys.

=_=

All I remember from my KIndy were the plastacine, the wooden blocks, the crayons, the Kindy school teacher I had a deep crush on, and my Uncle who used to carry me home from classes on his bicycle. I had to hold on for dear life every time perched on the bicycle bar in the middle!! That scared me for life!!

And I don't remember ANY homework!

"the kindy school teacher I had a deep crush on"

LOL!!!

You started young, eh?

Shall we go cycling if i visit you one day? teeheehee

kindie was all play school to me! and the little playhouse... and sing song... no homework at all.

then primary school started and my grades went down as the years went by, lol!

Times have changed. Sigh.

Mine was up up up till standard 4 then it all went down hill. lol!

Post a Comment