« Home | My New Hairstyle » | 偶病啦 » | Chopped » | 周日の晚餐 » | Work, as usual » | Dan Lain-Lain Lagi » | Coincidence » | Sleepless in London » | Kaboom!! » | It's Not Too Late To... »

A Night To Remember

On the first day I arrived in the land of Currywurst, he picked me up from the airport. We made a quick dash to the city centre after I dropped my luggage in his flat. While waiting for the sales assistant to bring a pair of shoes for him to try on, he told me we were going to this bar in the Main Tower with his friends. I agreed. He looked at my pair of Camper shoes and said "But you have another pair of shoes right?" I nodded and said "Next time if you want to bring me to nice places, tell me in advanced. Luckily I packed another pair of shoes."

In the evening, we headed off to his apartment. I had wanted to wear a pair of jeans but he disapproved so I put on my black dress which I brought for "emergency purposes". When I was getting ready, he said 3 other friends were joining us. I have met one of them before but not the other two. I was getting really nervous. At the same time, I was worried I would be lost in translation since my German vocabulary is worst than a 2-year old kid.


At 9pm, he called for a taxi and off we went. I was rather quiet on the taxi as I was slightly nervous. The bar in Main Tower is famous among the investment bankers, you see. Suddenly, he said "Oh no, there's a change of plan. Promise me you won't be angry with me." "What now? Are you going to tell me it's a boy's night out only?"

He showed me his Blackberry. It read: 2100: Dinner at Opera.

Instead of going "awwww", the first thing I did was to punch him. lol. But deep down inside, I was happy and was so surprised. Boy, was he good at acting! I did not smell a rat at all!

It was the second tim
e we dined at this restaurant. The first time was my belated birthday "present" and it was also another surprise. We both liked the restaurant- the service was good and the food was simply delicious! You'd think in a posh restaurant the price will be rocket high but surprisingly, it's affordable. A typical main course costs around 28Euros.

Anyway, this time, I had monkfish with lobster ravioli in tomato and leak fondue and champagne sauce while he had his favourite asparagus with veal. We had a glass of wine each and I must say the wine complemented my main course very well. The portion of the main course was so huge that I couldn't finish it. Since I was feeling tipsy half way through the dinner (Man, I'm still not very good at drinking!!), we decided to share a dessert- baked vanilla ice cream with something something ameretto biscuits and something something cream. It was Supercalifragilisticextradelicious!

I wish I could take better pictures. I didn't want unnecessary attentions so I just took a quick snap, without flash.

If you're happen to go Frankfurt to see all the banks next time, try out this restaurant!!

I have been to Frankfurt a few times, but never ever heard of Opera! Nor Main Tower, come to think of it! LOL.. Oh well.. Glad you had such a great time

aawwwwwwww!! I'll say it on your behalf again, awwwwww!! schweetness! aren't surprises like that just so... *sigh*... :)

Post a Comment