« Home | Kepochis in town » | Will you help her? » | Counting my lucky stars » | Back to the future » | The Super Ah Beng Pose » | A Spicy And Oily Saturday » | Midnight shopper » | Never perfect » | Talking about patience » | The opposite of Hope »

A midnight rant

I need to let this out or my housemates are at risks. I'm not kidding. I am furious but I have to remain quiet. I feel so helpless. Thank God for Blogger or I'll really, really go bonkers.

I prefer staying in the house to staying in the hall. Most importantly, there are no annoying fire alarms in the middle of the night. But nothing is perfect- the bills drive me up the wall. Every month, I dread seeing the bills because I feel like a loan shark, asking everyone for money since the bills are addressed to me. (I'm the only person at home with credit card, debit card and cheque book)

I don't understand why are some people so inconsiderate. She knows our electricity bill is sky high yet she uses the electric stove like nobody's business. I believe electric stove consumes a lot of electricity. She boils soup for 4-5 hours. That's not once a week, but at least 3 times a week. On top of that, she cooks lunch and dinner. Once, she cooked the porridge on slow fire for more than 4 hours. Luckily I went down to the kitchen around 10pm and I off it. I can't imagine what will happen if I didn't go down. Even on slow fire, at number 1.5 to be exact, the porridge almost turned into rice. Imagine this happening at least three times a week... I don't want to know how much will the next electricity bill cost. It's unfair for those who don't use as much electricity as some selfish people but pay the same amount for the bill.

The washing machine at home is not in working order. Everytime the clothes spin, the washing machine 'pees', i.e. water comes out from the bottom of the machine. We've contacted the landlord. A couple of guys came to have a look at the machine and said it's dangerous to use the machine because the parts are underneath and short circuit may happen. I deliberately put up a note saying 'OUT OF ORDER' and informed everyone at home. Everyone knows the bloody machine is not working but *some* ignorant idiot, well, ignored the note. I acted dumb one day and asked her 'Did you wash the clothes?' She admitted and I told her she knows that we can't wash clothes because short circuit may happen but she told me- But I have no choice. And nothing will happen, it's the pipe in the machine which is leaking. I nearly fainted when she said that. I even offered to drive her to the nearby laundry to wash her clothes but she declined. I thought she'll stop washing after I told her not to but I was so wrong! She washed her clothes again tonight despite me telling her that the guys are coming to repair the washing machine at 10.30am tomorrow morning.

I really got enough of it when I saw her washing her clothes again. She knows the machine will be repaired tomorrow. Why can't she wait for another 12 hours or so? She's acting as if it's a matter of life and death if she has to wait until tomorrow. Doesn't she understand that everytime she washes her clothes, she's putting all of us at risk? Short circuit may occur anytime! I really feel like confronting her but on a second thought, I better not, because it will make both of us awkward. But keeping quiet is not the best solution either.

Somebody tell me, is she stupid, senile or plain stubborn?