« Home | The good ol' days in boarding school » | Stubbornism » | Hailing in Spring » | A 1am phone call...eerie » | I heard the cock crow! » | Home Sweet Home » | A dream came true =) » | On a holi-holiday » | Car Boot Sale » | An adventure with the yeast (part II) »

The opposite of Hope

Have you ever hoped that things will turn out perfectly well, the way you want it to be but in the end, it turned out the opposite?

I have. Many times.

I woke up in the morning with the smile because I'm having my driving lesson today. No, I'm not paying to get a driving lesson. My friend is teaching me because I need to brush up my driving skill. He said he would come at 3-ish. I was excited. I was imagining how I could drive up the hilly Glanrafon (pronounced as Glan-ra-von. I know, Welsh is weird) hill and how I changed the gears. But as the hours passed by, he did not turn up. I gave up. And I secretly cursed him for ffk-ing me

Sometimes, when I baked cakes or cookies, I wished they would turn out the way I wanted them to be- no cracks, yummy and pretty. But when I opened the oven, my heart sank into the deep blue sea. The cake had a HUGE crack in the middle.

I sent my Mom's birthday present to her and that was meant to be a surprise. On her birthday, I called her but she didn't mention anything about the present. It didn't arrive on that day. The next day, I saw my sister online so I asked her about the present. She said Mommy got it. But, I didn't get any text messages/phone calls from her! When I baked the cookies, I was imagining Mommy's reaction and the content of the text message she would send to me. But once again, I was disappointed. I had hoped but I was disappointed. When I asked her why didn't she tell me that she got the present, she casually said- I knew you would call. *heart broken*

But sometimes, when I gave up hoping.. my wish came true! Do you call that a miracle? ;)

I had hoped for many, many things in life. Sometimes, the harder I hope, the bigger the disappointment.