« Home | Talking about patience » | The opposite of Hope » | The good ol' days in boarding school » | Stubbornism » | Hailing in Spring » | A 1am phone call...eerie » | I heard the cock crow! » | Home Sweet Home » | A dream came true =) » | On a holi-holiday »

Never perfect

If you don't want to spoil your day, please leave now. What I'm going to type is going to sound very frustrating.

I have finally accepted the fact that there's no such thing called 'perfect'. I am going to delete this word from my dictionary. The word Perfect will never exist anymore.

Why do I say so?

I have been working my arse off for the past weeks and for the past few days, I've been working 10 times harder than I used to. I minimised my sleeping time. I minimised my cooking time and I had very minimal social activities. All because of one word- Perfect. I am was a perfectionist. I want wanted everything to be perfect.

I was working on my dissertation, which I would like to call it the first masterpiece of my life. I sent drafts after drafts to my supervisor for him to review and comment on my work. While he said lots of 'very good' to me, he added lots of critics. I accepted the critics. I know my work is far from perfect. I tried to improve. After I edited, I sent it back to my supervisor again and the cycle repeated. Tomorrow is the deadline but there is still room to improve. My dissertation can never be perfect. Do I want to score 100%? NO! I really don't want to! But I want it to be perfect!

Gee.. the more I type, the more I contradict myself. Damn it. My brain is fried.

I've learnt to treasure my sleep more than ever. Sleep comes first. You won't want to look at me now. Pimples popping out like there's no tomorrow, panda eyes and FOUR mouth ulcers under my tongue. Hurts big time! I can't think properly anymore. And one more thing, I'm sick of looking at the piles of journals and text books.

I have learnt to accept the fact that nothing is perfect. It's really hard to accept.