« Home | The Super Ah Beng Pose » | A Spicy And Oily Saturday » | Midnight shopper » | Never perfect » | Talking about patience » | The opposite of Hope » | The good ol' days in boarding school » | Stubbornism » | Hailing in Spring » | A 1am phone call...eerie »

Back to the future

No, I'm not gonna imagine how the world is going to be like in the future.

I was day-dreaming evening-dreaming about the future. My future, specifically.

Year: 2012

Fact: I'll be *calculate calculate calculate* 29 years old.

Assumptions: Married, blessed with a kid (or two) and have a career

I go to work in the morning and come back in the evening after work, to be greeted by my child(ren) saying 'Hello Mommy' followed by a peck on the cheek. I cook dinner for my family, spend time with my child(ren), read story books to my child(ren) before they go to bed and spend quality time with my husband. I want to be there with my child(ren). I want to see him/her/them grow up, I want to see every development. I want to play with them, be there for them when they need me.

I don't need a job which pays me RM10K and above but requires me to work 15 hours a day. I have a job which I love, which I enjoy doing. I may sound stupid or unambitious, but I really don't want to own a firm or company. It is too complicated. Furthermore, I don't see myself as a CEO or boss of the firm.

My husband is my Mr. Right. He doesn't need to be a millionaire or billionaire. As long as his pay is enough for us to live comfortably and we can save for a rainy day, I am content. It's a bonus if we can afford to go on holidays yearly.

I don't need to wear Prada or LV. I don't need to own a BMW or Mercedes. I don't need to live in a posh place. I don't need a 10carat diamond on my ring. I don't need to have tonnes and tonnes of jewellery on my body. All I need is a comfortable life and a happy family.


I know, I know, it all sounds very airy-fairy. Everybody can dream right?

That, is what I hope my future will be like. Is that too much to ask for?