« Home | The Waiting Game » | Jumping on the bandwagon » | I Know I'll Miss.... » | Brand New Day » | Bitter » | I Love You No More » | Horrible Customer Service » | Inspired » | Sarcasm » | Meal times »

Le Palais du Jardin

I can never do a proper food review because I always forget to take pictures of the food. Anyway, here's a not-so-proper food review.

My friends and I went to Le Palais du Jardin for dinner tonight. It's a french seafood restaurant located in the heart of Covent Garden. Although I booked a table a few days ago, we still had to wait when we arrived. We didn't really mind that because we were late by 10 minutes and another friend of ours arrived slightly later than us.

At the entrance, the staffs took our coats and umbrellas and kept them in the wardrobe. That was very nice of them as our coats won't smell like French food after the dinner. :)

We were ushered to our table after waiting for about 10 minutes. The restaurant was pretty busy. I think they're short of staffs. It took quite a long time before they took our orders. The waiter was very rude! He was being very impatient and he didn't even smile at us. Our starters came shortly but the main course took quite a while to arrive. My friends had smoked salmon and foei gras while I had the carpaccio of beef with truffle sauce. The foei gras was fantastic and I wished I had ordered that instead of the beef carpaccio. I'm not really a big fan of raw food but I was eager to try the truffle sauce. :P

As for the main, we ordered a seafood platter for 2, beef with celeriac mash and halibut fish. My friend requested the beef to be cooked to medium. The beef was juicy and tender. The celerian mash was slightly runny though. Halibut fish was nice as well. As for the seafood platter, we enjoyed ourselves. It's been a while since I ate seafood so the lobsters, dressed crabs, mussels, prawns, crayfish, oysters and clams were yummy yummy! It was finger licking good! =)

The bill came up to about £150 for the 4 of us. I thought it was pretty reasonable. One of my friends actually thought of not paying the 12.5% charge since it was optional (but it was added to the bill) but we persuaded him not to do so. He's such a trouble maker I tell you.

Starters are £7.50 (Foei Gras is £8.50) Main course is about £17.50 each. The seafood platter was slightly less than £60.

Anyway, here's a collage. I only took pictures of my starter, my friend's foie gras and the gigantic seafood platter which was enough to feed 4. Here it is. Feast your eyes!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Beef of carpaccio, foie gras and seafood platters