« Home | Brand New Day » | Bitter » | I Love You No More » | Horrible Customer Service » | Inspired » | Sarcasm » | Meal times » | MooPig is craving for... » | 我等你 » | And All That Jazz »

I Know I'll Miss....

How time flies. Today marks the second week of Summer Term. In other words, my life as a university student will come to and end in no time. I had tonnes and tonnes of fun as a Masters student. Most of the people I know tell me the best time in their lives is when they're in university. As for me,studying in London is the best time in my life. I have absolutely no regrets coming to London. How I wished I did my undergrad here as well.

North Wales is totally different from London. I meet all sorts of people in London, I get to do lots of things that I never got to do when I was in North Wales and the best part, I get to watch musicals and go to orchestra performance without having to travel 3.5 hours to London and another 3.5 hours back to North Wales.

While chatting with my classmate on MSN today, I told her I'll miss uni life in many ways.

  • Having lemon tea in styrofoam cup in between tutorials (or classes, as we call it here) on Wednesdays. Our financial reporting class ends at 11 and the finance class starts at 12 so within that one hour, we always go to the coffee shop located on Houghton Street, get cup of lemon tea and proceed to Brunch Bowl for chit-chat.
  • The angmoh fried rice/fried noodles in Brunch Bowl. It's not very nice but well, edible lah. I don't know why but I know I'll definitely miss the fried rice. Get a bowl (about the size of the soup bowl in Pizza Hut) and choose the vegetables you want, give the bowl to the chef, tell him what oil you want (chilli oil, lemon grass or garlic oil.. something like that), tell him if you want rice or noodles and he'll take care of the rest. When he pours the rice/noodles in the plate, he'll say 'See you tomorrow!'. It sounds like he's singing.
  • Checking out for Serviceeee on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. He's voted the best looking guy in the department by YF, J and I. :P We've been checking him out for more than 6 months but we still don't know his name. Sigh... I have a pic of him though. =P He's always late for lectures and classes so it's pretty easy to notice him. He's cuteeeee!!!
  • Lunch at Chinese Experience on Wednesdays or Thursdays. Half price dim sum. Decent food. We order like six or seven dim sum and the bill only comes up to about £15. That's a fiver per person or sometimes it's less than that.
  • Booking seats for each other. Needless to say, the three of us always sit together. Whoever comes first books seats for us.

If my Dad's a millionaire and money is not a problem, I'll stay back and do a three-year degree here! I'll do speech therapy. =)