« Home | Jobs jobs jobs » | So This Is It! » | Something to Share » | Chant With Me! » | Let's Do The Monkey Dance Babeh! » | E.N.G.L.A.N.D » | You Belong To Me » | Daddy and Me » | -_- » | English Accents »

2pounds and 2 packets of biscuits

I was doing my usual grocery shopping this afternoon.

While I was contemplating if I should get some biscuits, I saw this boy. He must be about 15 years old. He was staring at the biscuits. He held a coin pouch in his right hand. I saw him squeezing the coin pouch. I thought he didn't have enough money to buy the biscuits.

McVities chocolate coated digestive biscuits were going at 3 for the price of 2 at £1.09 each.

Then he emptied his coin pouch. He squatted on the floor and started counting. I took a glance. On the floor were 5p, 1p, 2p coins. He was counting if he had enough money to buy the biscuits.

I was so heartbroken when I saw him doing that.

I walked up to him and asked him 'Do you want to buy the biscuits?'
He stared at me and said yes.
I took out my coin purse and handed him 2 quid.
He looked at me, surprised. Then he opened his mouth. 'For me?' He asked.
I nodded. 'You said you wanted the biscuits right? Go get for yourself'. I told him.
He thanked me. His voice told me he couldn't believe I gave him money.

I walked away and when I came back, he was walking away from the isle. He took 2 packets of biscuits with him.

I don't know if I did the right thing by giving him money but I know that I don't regret doing so. Perhaps you'll disagree with me. At that very moment, I felt so sorry for him. All I could think of was to give him some money so he could get some food.

Aww... That is so sweet of you. I might do the same thing too! But if a begger comes up, sorry lah. :D

So, why not donate a CD player to me? :P

:)

I won't do that to beggars too.

CD player? You're not that boy lah :P

Post a Comment