« Home | Have you seen a Mummy? » | Kiss The Rain » | Hard to please » | Simple Pleasures In Life » | HOT HOT HOT » | Worth Listening To » | MooPig can cook! » | New Template! » | The surprise visitor » | They Say... »

What a Small World!

I never expected to meet him after 4 years. We totally lost contact after he completed his Masters programme 4 years ago. Few of us had been looking for him but to no avail.

It was July last year. Mommy and I went to Harrods for the summer sale. I thought I saw him so I called out his name but he just continued walking. Fine. Wasn't him then, I thought.

Today, I went to the Malaysian restaurant in Edgware Road- Mawar for dinner. By the way, the Nasi Goreng Kampung was good. It was spicy too! Anyway, while I was day dreaming, I saw this familiar looking guy walked towards his table. It suddenly crossed my mind- YH!! But I wasn't sure so I kept on peeping at him. My friends encouraged me to go up to him but I was worried that I'd make a fool out of myself. I contemplated. I was afraid that if he wasn't YH, I'd be extremely embarrassed. On the other hand, I was worried that if he's really YH, then I'll lose the opportunity to meet him again. I thought about it. Finally I got up and went to the Ladies. After I came out, I walked towards his table and just said 'Excuse me, are you YH?' God knows where the courage came from!! I quickly introduced myself. Thankfully, he turned out to be YH and he remembered me!!!!!!! *wipes cold sweat*

We talked for a bit. When we finished talking, my friends had finished their dinner and mine was the only plate left untouched! He got a job in London. He married his girlfriend. He didn't change much but he's put on some weight.

I certainly never expected to meet him. I could vaguely remember his email address but I never emailed. Aiyoh. I'm too risk averse lah.

It's a small, small world! So yeah, I've found another friend in London! ;)