« Home | Away » | Wheeeeeeeeee » | Guys and their toys » | Standing Up » | This is not goodbye » | Headbutt and Misc » | Pictures: Edinburgh » | Glasgow pictures » | Glasgow: Day 3 » | Mom's Wise Words »

From North Wales, With Love

Hello from North Wales!

I ran away from the heatwave in London and I'm hiding in my friend's in north wales. I'm having a brilliant time here!

The train journey was a pain in the neck. I had to change at Llandudno Junction and it was supposed to be a 10-minute wait but the train was delayed by about 50 minutes! Horrible wait. I was blessed with the sights of tattooed topless men in the train station. I wished they put on their tops- I'm sure they look way better with their shirts on.

I took a cab to my friend's because her husband was at work. Silly cab driver was so unfriendly. I tried to be nice to him by making conversation but instead of saying hello he said 'You're lucky you're with me because nobody will drive you up to St Mary's.' I asked him why and he said 'Because they just don't do.' Duh. My intention was to tip him but after what he said, I just gave him £2.20 cab fare and slammed the door. Didn't even bother to say thank you.

I babysat my friend's daughter while she went to work in the evening. I introduced the art of cam-whoring to my little friend. We then took a walk down the hill to surprise another friend of ours.

I'm enjoying my time here. It's so relaxed. It can be boring but I welcome the little change. The old people here are nice and friendly. I have yet to hit the high street so I can't tell if there are any changes. There should be some changes but I don't think it's a drastic change. I want to eat Strawberry Thorntons ice cream! Perhaps I'll walk down the street in the evening.

My friend's an amazing cook. We had Nasi Bryani for lunch, prawns, fried chicken and pak choi for dinner and fried koay teow (malay style) for breakfast. We're having late lunch and she's cooking curry chicken in the kitchen now. YUM! [Didn't take pics of the food, soweeee]

We're watching Superman at the local cinema in the evening. They're bringing me for strawberry picking tomorrow. =) I'm leaving for London tomorrow evening. Wished I had more time here. But I'll be back- perhaps in September.

Life is good! =)

To those in London, enjoy the heat! After all, it's never been this hot since 1911(?) :P

strawberry-picking! oh, I miss buying those little punnets of strawberries along the busy streets of Sydney. really sweet ones too... hmm, I wonder if I could go ciku picking? heheh!

the heat welcomes you back with wide open arms :P

May: I have a ciku tree at home! I remember we used to pluck ciku from the tree when I was younger but don't think there are anymore fruits now. :)

Ken: Thank you! :P

Post a Comment