« Home | Pictures: Edinburgh » | Glasgow pictures » | Glasgow: Day 3 » | Mom's Wise Words » | Scotland: Day II » | Glasgow, babeh! » | 4.15am » | I'll be gone » | Greetings from the Babe » | Oh, Just Let Me Mourn »

Headbutt and Misc

I knew Zidane's headbutt wasn't that simple. Something must have happened and it definitely had to do with the shameless Italian player, Marco Materazzi.

On ITV news 2 hours ago, it was reported that Materazzi insulted Zidane's seriously ill mother. The subtitle on my idiot box showed: "I slept with your mother last night. Your mother is an Algerian whore."

Sigh.

I can only sigh. Life can be so unfair sometimes.

I feel sorry for Zidane who had to end his football career in such bitter way.

Italy deserves a big boo for this. To those who boo-ed in the pub last night, I BOOOOOO you!

France may have failed to lift the World Cup trophy but in many people's heart, they are the winner of the 2006 World Cup.

Can someone enlighten me please:
When Zizou was showed the red card, I think I saw Domenench clapping hands. Why?? Or was I wrong?


***********************************************************************************
On the first day we arrived in Glasgow, we went into a pub for lunch. It was about 3 so we asked the waitress if they still served food at that hour. We were told that they still served lunch but do not serve to under 18s! She said something like "Yes we serve food but unfortunately we do not do under 18s". The 3 of us were puzzled. We looked at her and told her we are above 18. She asked for our ID and we showed her our ISIC cards and she asked for other IDs like Passport or driving license. We were quite annoyed but still showed her our passports. I told her straight on her face that I'm already 23.
On several occasions, I've been requested to produce my ID when I buy alcohol but it's the first time that I was mistaken as being under 18. No, I'm so not proud of it. In the UK, the legal age to buy alcohol is 18 but if you look younger than 21, they have the right to ask you to produce your ID to prove that you're indeed above 18.
#############
I've been drinking so much lately. I'm not much of a beer, wine or hard liqour fan but I do like cocktails. I still can't decide which is my favourite yet.

Within 3 weeks, I've tried: Vanilla bay, Screwdriver, Cosmopoliton, Margarita (ohh, potent stuff), Long Island Tea, Tia Maria with Coke (Never taking that again), Strawberry Daquiri and a few bottles of alcopops.
Before this, I hardly take alcohol but since I'll start work soon, I figured out it's time to start training. :P

cocktails are yum! they don't have that awful spirit taste nor the burning sensation down your throat. I do like kahlua and baileys more, though... probably 'cos they're sweet! hehe!

too bad about Zidane. life is never fair, but we learn to balance it out at the end of the day.

love the photos of Glasgow in your other posts!

fuwah !! the making of a drinkaholic.

I guess there must be a lot of things we are not aware of.. such as the headbutting/red card incident.. *sigh*

may:Cocktails are yum but they can be expensive. I like baileys too!! margarita can be strong.i felt the burning sensation the other day. :P

ken: No where near that yet ok.:P

L B: roti canai & lormaikai!! sad, but that's life. just have the make the best out of it. =)

yes he clapped, and said , "bravo!" as well. i think he was slamming the decision (naturally) because none of the officials on the field actually saw the incident and Zidane was booted based on the fourth official's claim as well as video evidence (apparently); which had hardly come into play during the WC. so, boo.

ItchyMicchi: Thanks for clarifying. :)

Post a Comment