« Home | Scotland: Day II » | Glasgow, babeh! » | 4.15am » | I'll be gone » | Greetings from the Babe » | Oh, Just Let Me Mourn » | On the bus yesterday » | =( » | Pictures Galore » | A 5am Rambling »

Mom's Wise Words

Was on the phone with Mom earlier on and we talked about break ups and relationships.

I told her I'm not ready to see someone exclusively yet. It's not that I'm not over it. I am, but I'm not ready to commit yet. I'd rather go out on dates.

Mom said, 'Do you realise that after what happened you become wiser?'

She's right. At least I know how to look out for the signs and I'm more cautious. I'm allergic to sweet-talkers. I feel very uncomfortable when someone sweet talks me.

Mom also told me that it's alright if things didn't work out because we all become wiser after what happened. It's not like we've done anything wrong. It's part and parcel of growing up and we all have to go through this. She also said even if the girl ends up being pregnant (touch wood), it's not the end of the world. She's positive that there are solutions to the problem.

I recall a mom and daughter conversation which took place few years ago. I just ended my relationship with the ex. While she was glad that we finally broke up, she still consoled me. I still remember what she told me: It's ok that things didn't work out. I'm sure you've had fun with him before this happened. You've experienced love, darling.

I've always been a pessimist when it comes to relationships. When the break up took place, I was depressed and the fights we had always haunted me. I made myself think of the arguments and fights so I could forget about him. I was thinking of ways to seek revenge- to ring his mom and tell her? To ring him and call him a bastard? My mind was constantly thinking of ways to make him guilty. Little did I realise that I was very wrong because that should be the last thing in my mind.

Mom brought up the same thing again this morning. She said, 'Whatever happened has happened. Remember, don't seek revenge.'

Yes Mom. I hear you and I shall always remember this.

great advice from your mom! you've got a good head on your shoulders. :)

HUGS

we learn a lot from our failed relationships; we learn not to make the same mistakes. what your mommy said is very true, we grow wiser from all of these life experiences =)

go out and have fun babe.. you don't have to see anyone exclusively, not until you are ready to.. just don't be too hard on yourself, okay.
you are a great and special girl. some guy out there will soon realise that and will come to appreaciate you =)

meow you loads, moopig! =D

may: =) *Hugsss*

Chiara: point taken. i woof you lots lots too.

buy a voodoo doll to stab for revenge.. :P
but other than that.. ur mom's cool. she gives good advice.
anyways, have fun while u're still young. when u're old and gray like me..*sputter* lol .....

Did you read about the Voodoo article in Metro today? hehe

That's the last thing I'll do!! :P

and no, i dun think you're old and gray lah.

Post a Comment