« Home | 08/08 » | Almost there » | Testing 1, 2, 3 » | Gibberish » | Errr.... Update? » | A Weird Encounter » | Let's talk about the weather, shall we? » | Unexpected » | Bad Hair Day » | Fifty-Five »

Da Paolo

Bread (with Olive oil and balsamic vinegar and olives- see Pic 6); 2005 Merlot (On the house); My starter: Mussels with garlic, onion and white wine; Mozzarella cheese with avacado, tomato and rocket; Lasagne; My main course: quack-quack breast with orange and Grand Manier Sauce.


I had dinner at Da Paolo last night. I like the restaurant- it's small and cosy. There are only a waiter and a waitress but they are very attentive. I assume the guy who frowned all night long is the owner. He only smiled before we left the restaurant. -__-

My starter was not as good as Belgo's. The texture of the mussels reminded me of rubber. Yes, I felt like I was chewing on rubber. It was pretty tasteless as well. The other starter looked nice. I was rather sick of cheese so I didn't have any. I just took a few rockets and munched on them. The dining companion liked it.

I liked my main course. I could only manage half of the duck breast though. I did not try the Lasagne (because I wasn't in the mood for cheese) but it looked promising. He polished off his portion so it's a good sign.

As we ordered 2 courses each, we got a bottle of house wine free. I opted for a bottle of red since he prefers red wine. It's a 2005 Merlot.

The bill came up to 50pounds, including 12.5% service charge- 2 starters, 2 main courses, a bottle of still water, bread and olives @ 95p per person, and 2 glasses ginger ale. I thought it's pretty reasonable.

Londoners, do give this restaurant a try... but give the mussels a miss. The place is very small though. If you're going on a Friday night or weekend, do book in advanced as it's usually busy during those days.

Da Paolo is at 3 Charlotte Place, London, W1T 1 SD
Come out from Goodge St Station, turn left and turn right into Goodge St. Keep on walking straight and you will see Charlotte Place on your left.

funky things to chew on, them mussels. sometimes you get good ones, sometimes they just don't like being chewed upon.

not an oyster fan either... somehow I just can't get used to the slippery chewy feeling, though some people just love that! hahaha!

I wanna reecommend a restaurant near my place in Italy too, ya? Come? Sure? We get good plonk here.

May: I used to stay away from the clam family until my mom got me hooked on mussels last year. I finally gave in and tried oysters in a french restaurant early this year. not too bad after all... :) But don't think I can eat like 6 at one go. :P

Post a Comment