« Home | Gibberish » | Errr.... Update? » | A Weird Encounter » | Let's talk about the weather, shall we? » | Unexpected » | Bad Hair Day » | Fifty-Five » | Luxury Cars » | Bored » | Sundae on a Sunday »

Testing 1, 2, 3

I don't remember when was the last time I baked a cake. After godknows how many months, I finally put my rusty baking skills to use this afternoon.

I was already in bed last night but I couldn't sleep. I told him that I would bake him a cake for his birthday tomorrow. I was thinking what cake I should bake. I looked through my one and only baking book. Nothing interesting. I went online and started looking through blogs.

I didn't feel like baking cheese cake. It's too rich. Didn't feel like baking chocolate cakes either. No tiramisu. I didn't know what to bake. I was getting annoyed at myself. I have zero creativity and the last thing I can do is to decorate a cake. Finally, I gave in. I went to Valerie's website and looked at the cakes. I'd buy a cake instead of baking one, I thought.

I didn't want to bake a cake because we're going to the pub with some friends. It's very troublesome to bring a cake to the pub as I haven't got any boxes. Buying a cake is definitely the best alternative. Ok ok. Another reason is the lazy factor. I have to admit that. I haven't been baking for the longest time and definitely haven't got some ingredients. I was lazy to go to the Sainsbury's in Camden.

This afternoon, I met a friend online and asked her about the cake she baked for her boyfriend on his birthday. She told me about it and I changed my mind again. I'd bake instead of buying a cake.

I went to Camden in the afternoon and bought all the necessary ingredients. I came home and started weighing, measuring, mixing, stirring and finally, put the batter in the oven in my spanking new baking tin.

The cake has been in the oven for almost 20 minutes. Another 30 minutes or so to go. My toes and fingers are crossed. I hope it will turn out to be pretty and edible. *touch wood* if it fails then I still have tomorrow! =)


*******************************
No more surprise!!!!!
I made a reservation at an Italian restaurant for tonight. It's meant to be a surprise for him.
Then the phone rang few minutes ago.
"Are we going to have lunch or dinner tonight?"
"Breakfast."
"-__- if it's breakfast then I will have something to eat first"
"No!!!!!!! Have something light."
"ok then"
SHOOOOOOOTTTTT
mana ada surprise lagi?!?!?!?!