« Home | Let's talk about the weather, shall we? » | Unexpected » | Bad Hair Day » | Fifty-Five » | Luxury Cars » | Bored » | Sundae on a Sunday » | Loner » | Tough Luck » | From North Wales, With Love »

A Weird Encounter

"Excuse me, you chinese?" A middle-age, petite Japanese lady asked J and I this afternoon when we were walking towards the tube station. I knew she's Japanese because of her strong accent. She was chasing us from behind. She wore a white cap and was wearing white pants and a white cardigan.

I looked at her and nodded. J said yes. I thought she was one of the Christians who was spreading the word of God.

But no. I was wrong.

She continued "That negro. Your boyphriend?" (Boyfriend)
"No. Why?" I asked.

I thought she was going to tell me the guy whom I was talking to earlier on was a conman so I paid attention to that Japanese lady.

But no. I was wrong. Again.

"He no your boyphriend? Many oriental girls neh, come here neh, find negro boyphriend. I worry for you." (He's not your boyfriend? Many oriental girls who come here fine a negro boyfriend. I worry for you) That lady continued in her broken english.

Before I could say anything, she continued. "I scared he's your boyphriend so I follow you from there." (I'm scared that he's your boyfriend so I followed you from there)

W H A T T H E H E L L? Followed me all the way?

I was getting irritated. So if that guy were to be my boyfriend (Btw, he's not), who is she to be bossy?

So I decided to be cheeky.

"What if he's my boyfriend?" I asked.
"You like negro?" She asked.
"Maybe?"
"Your mother allow you have negro boyphriend?"
"Maybe. It's my choice"
"Ok then, good for you"

That lady appreared to be very angry and she walked ahead of us.

I grinned. J and I laughed about the whole thing after that.

What actually happened was:
J and I went to see a flat and the landlord picked us up at the meeting point. After looking at the flat, he showed us the way to the tube station. I happened to walk in front with him because we were talking. At the junction where he left us, we shook hands and agreed to give him an answer in the afternoon or at night.


I reckon that Japanese lady must have saw the landlord and I walking together and we shook hands before we left. Being too sensitive, she thought that he's my boyfriend. -_-

Wah lau ehh. Never seen people so busybody before okay! Even MY parents won't think that any guy who walks next to me is my boyfriend.

tsk tsk tsk. Some people. And by the way, doesn't negro sound very offensive? That's like calling a chinese a chink.

*shakes head*

LOL!!
ppl CARE bout u lar P.I.G! lol.. but, its weird la suddenly came over n ask if he's ur bf. WAHHAHAHAH..cant stop laughing. nenenenenene. haa,,
miss u loads!

Aiseh!!!! LOL... goes to show how racist anyone can be, huh?.. Despite good intentions..

mei: wah.. so touched to have some weirdo caring about me. How come I don't see you care for me as much as that weirdo does eh? Miss you too! Gonna tell Mommy this story this weekend. ha ha ha

L B: Long time no see! CIAO!! :P I'm quite sure she doesn't follow the World Cup. :P

Post a Comment