« Home | too lazy to blog......see you soon... » | Jetlagged » | A Quick Hello From Dubai Airport » | i miss » | Home » | Sunday Morning » | Good News! » | Home » | Arrived » | Au Revoir »

An Update

I'm in the mood to blog tonight but I'm not gonna write much.

When I was home, my mom got a makcik to massage for her. Incidentally, my dad's friend just arrived from Londonderry that afternoon so he had a massage session as well. In the evening, I had to send my dad's friend to his sister's house and the makcik home. In the car, the makcik asked what was in the plastic bag. My dad's friend had brought a packet of oats into the car and left the bag at the back seat. He asked me 'How do you say porridge in Malay ah?'

Oooops. I didn't know. I was thinking.. and thinking.. and thinking... and guess what I said...

'Nasi air orang putih'.

To which the makcik replied 'Kalau bukan orang putih, tak boleh makan lah?'

=P

*porridge is oat boiled in water, milk or both.

LOL! that was funny! did the makcik know what you meant though?

Bubur lah! :P

So many Irish connections!!!
I wouldn't know what porridge is called, in a million years, either.. LOL!

Post a Comment