« Home | Speechless » | The Conversation Last Week » | How do you like this Meme? » | Have You Eaten Your Easter Egg Yet? » | The Kepo-chi post » | The Price To Pay. » | A Night To Remember » | My New Hairstyle » | 偶病啦 » | Chopped »

The Culprit!

I've been having shoulder aches for years but I realised it's got a lot worse for the past few months. There was hardly a day that went by without me complaining about the pain. I applied Yoko-yoko, I went for back massages (Cost a bomb!) and I even contemplated spending 40quid (or more) on a pillow. Back massage did help but not much- I was in pain again the next day! The same with Yoko-yoko.

My friends said it was my sitting posture so I kept on reminding myself to sit upright. I stretched my back and shoulders every now and then but to no avail.

Yesterday morning, I was tired from work so I decided to take a nap. Suddenly, there was a light bulb in my head- maybe I should try sleeping without the pillow. At the same time, I hesitated because I used to get headache if I slept without one. 30 minutes later, I woke up and felt so refreshed! The ache was there but it wasn't as painful as before AND I didn't suffer from any headahce at all!

So last night, I slept without the pillow. It was very uncomfortable at first and in the middle of the night I think I must have grabbed one of the pillows and put it under my head. I realised that when I woke up at some point.

This morning, for the third time in many many months, I woke up without complaining about the shoulder ache. (the first time was my Brussels and the second time at my friend's- I slept on a special pillow for the neck)

Pillow.... the culprit!

Now I have to get used to sleeping without one AND change my sitting posture.

Night Night!

Hmmm, that's food for thought! I get a little backache when I sleep in bed, but when I sleep on the sofa, I don't! I might have to look into this pillow-less lark a bit!
Nite nite, moopig!

I'm fussy about my pillow too, and bad pillows could just be sooooo awful to sleep on... and wake up to! glad you've found a solution to relieve your shoulder aches!

That's kind of odd though. I have neck pain when I don't sleep with one. Now my pillow is as flat as a piece of paper and having stiff neck lately. Think you need those special curved pillows.

Post a Comment