« Home | I'm still alive... » | 雨 过 天 晴 » | Yesterday.. today... » | Bear's foot » | appreciate » | Hot Hot Hot! » | Grandma » | URGH!! » | My first week at home » | Greetings from Kuala Terengganu »

I underestimated her!! ;)

My cousin sis left her 9-month old with me while she went out shopping with her mom, MIL, husband, son, bro, sis-in-law and my mom. I thought it was an easy job putting that little girl to sleep as she was already making sounds when my mom was carrying her. So after her mom left, I brought her to my mom's room. I arranged a pillow, a bolster and a blanket for her, then put her down thinking she'll eventually doze off after some time. BUT, I was so wrong! That 9-month-old was staring at the unfamiliar environment. When my brother came near, she stared at him. When my bro went out, I could see her eyes looking at him. My my.. I started to freak out. So I decided to carry her and put her next to me. Voila! Soon after that, she fell asleep on my chest. As soon as she was sound asleep, I moved her sleeping posture, then I went downstairs to make myself cuppa juice.

Just when I thought I could relax, the phone rang and woke her up. Goodness gracious. That wasn't easy at all! That little girl started crying like mad the moment I tried to put her on the bed. And when I carried her, she stopped. It went off and on, off and on..

Me, trying to be clever, thought she poo-ed or she was hungry. No, there was nothing in her pampers. So I carried her to the kitchen and made her her bottle of milk. I thought this would solve the problem but NO! she didn't want to drink milk at all! I couldn't think of anything else. She wasn't attracted to the toys that I gave her. She only wanted me to carry her around the house. The moment I stopped carrying her, she would burst out again. Oh my!!

It went on and on and on until my maid took over. She carried that little naughty creature the Indonesian way. It was a miracle! Since then, she stopped crying and as for me, I went upstairs to catch up on my beauty sleep! ;)

My my... it's not as easy as I thought.. and now I wonder if I'm ever gonna have my own kids!