« Home | My first week at home » | Greetings from Kuala Terengganu » | Home Sweet Home ^^ » | Another day in Warrington » | Greetings from Warrington » | I'm back! » | 我不想 » | -blank- » | retail therapy » | BBQ evening »

URGH!!

I've been meeting people as I'm out of the house most of the time. I do Donkey jobs for my mom (:P), I go swimming in the evening, I send my siblings to school early in the morning, I send them for tuition lessons etc. Therefore, I'm bound to meet people. Sometimes, I'm appalled at the way some people behave and those people are my parents' friends.

Everytime I meet somebody, I'm asked questions like:
1. Eh? You're back! When did you come back?
2. What course are you doing?
3. When are you going back?
4. How's life in UK? it's very cold hor, can get used to it or not?
5. so you don't eat rice in england wan hor, no rice there.. then what do you eat?
etc etc.. I'm sick of answering these questions!

Sometimes, if I meet those uncles and aunties and tell them I'm doing accountancy, their first response is:
so you're taking over your father's business lah
And when I say I will not take over in the near future, they gave me a shocking look. Then some of them will continue: Aiya.. you should take over your father's office ma.. Your father is going to retire already, take over lah! the office is so big!

Ish!! I don't understand why are these people so kepoh. It's MY future for goodness sake! Why can't they stop 'jaga tepi kain orang'? Why do they have to open their big mouths to tell me what I should do? it's not like they are paying my sky high tuition fees!

Is this the mentality of most people these days? Are children obliged to take over their parents' businesses?

My parents, for sure, gave me all the freedom to choose what I want to do in the future and I thank them for it.

'It's your future, not daddy's future'- the famous quote of my beloved dad. =)

So, uncles and aunties.. please-lah, don't bug me about my future. Thank you very much

Yo woman...you called me last night using ur new 012 number is it? I got a missed call..tried to call back but no one picked up..dunno whether its u or not..
anyway...take it easy lah...ktj also full of ppl asking me why i wanna teach...irritating...but who cares...
being back here feels like a mini holiday to me...hehe..

arh, i can feel what you feel.. whenever i go back to msia, frm singapore, ppl wil ask me how is singapore? ppl kaisu? kiasi? you got bf or not? no longer young leh..etc

i just dont like it.

thank God not frm my parents, nor my relative.

*ignore* kekeke :)

Post a Comment