« Home | Hot Hot Hot! » | Grandma » | URGH!! » | My first week at home » | Greetings from Kuala Terengganu » | Home Sweet Home ^^ » | Another day in Warrington » | Greetings from Warrington » | I'm back! » | 我不想 »

appreciate

A childhood friend of mine whom I haven’t met for ages met up with me. To be frank, I was very surprised that she wanted to meet up with me because we sort of drifted apart after we went to secondary school.

Anyway, we met up in KGCC and talked about varsity life. She’s in Taylor’s College doing a business degree, twinning with one of the universities in Sydney. From the way she talked, I could see that she really wants to go overseas to study but her family is having financial problem. She’s the eldest in the family. Her brother is in form 5; another 2 sisters are in Form 3 and Form 2 respectively. Next year, her brother will be leaving high school for college. In a few years’ time, it will be her sisters’ turns. I’m sure it is very taxing for her parents to fund their children’s tuition fees. The fees that we pay in private institutions are no joke! The fees ARE expensive.

I would be lying if I say I know how she feels, but I sincerely feel so sorry for her. I feel helpless. Some people struggle so hard in order to study overseas, experience a different lifestyle there thus gain more experience. Some people have all the money in the world but do not know how to appreciate the opportunities that they have. There are also people who know how to appreciate the opportunities that they have.

I am very grateful that my parents can afford to send me overseas to further my education. As a full time student, I do not have to worry about finding a part time job to fund my expenses. I come back home every summer. I travel pretty often, be it in UK or to Europe. In short, I am indeed a lucky girl. =)

Thanks dad, thanks mom. Thanks God.. for everything.