« Home | appreciate » | Hot Hot Hot! » | Grandma » | URGH!! » | My first week at home » | Greetings from Kuala Terengganu » | Home Sweet Home ^^ » | Another day in Warrington » | Greetings from Warrington » | I'm back! »

Bear's foot

Someone gave my parents a bear's foot some months ago. Mom has been keeping it in a restaurant.

One day.. the boss called.. and so my parents arranged for a dinner tonight.

Initially, my parents refused to bring my sis and I.. but I begged them. What the heck I thought, bear's foot. I've never tasted anything like this in my life before.

Prior to serving the bear's foot, I was excited. Very. Couldn't stop thinking how it will taste like.

But.. when the dish came. I felt slightly disgusted. It's a BEAR's foot... My sis and I looked at each other. I looked at the dish. Thinking which piece should I pick (I was the first to eat cos I was rushing to pick my mom's friend's daughter from her tuition lesson). I swallowed my saliva, started to regret I insisted on joining my parents and their friends for dinner.

Finally, my uncle took a piece for me. *shrugs*.

I picked up the pair of chopstick. Ate a piece... Everybody looked at me.

The texture is like beef. Doesn't taste like beef. Doesn't taste like chicken. Doesn't taste like mutton. Doesn't taste like pork. Weird. I don't know what it tastes like. :P

I doubt I'll be having anymore exotic food. I feel guilty for eating bear's foot.