« Home | Never Ever » | Chilli rules » | Signs of falling sick? » | Chocolatey Foods And Shopping Trips » | Chilled Cheesecake » | My funny mother » | Untitled » | What Is Your Perfect Major? » | I Love This » | A Midnight Post »

Upclose and Personal With...

Sharon Stone, Bette Midler, Stephen Fry and Michael Parkinson!

A friend of mine had free tickets to watch Parkinson Show and he kindly offered my classmates and I. Boy, we were lucky!

Door opened at 3.15pm and closed at 3.45pm. We were there about 30 mins earlier and man, the queue was sure long! It didn't help that we were kept waiting outside the ITV building on Upper Ground in the cold. It was bloody cold and everybody was cursing. We only managed to get into the recording studio at 3.30pm and we were so relieved. Unfortunately, we weren't allocated good seats. We were right at the end of the studio but it didn't matter. It was the 2 ladies from Essex who were sitting in front of us annoyed us big time.

When we entered the studio, the Parkinson orchestra was entertaining the audience. Shortly after that, the producer went on stage and gave a short briefing on fire escape procedures and made us do a few Mexican waves. Then he introduced us to a lousy comedian. His jokes were lame but everyone was laughing at him. Oh, his jokes were pretty blue too, if you get what I mean. Ham sap lah. Well I supposed he took for granted that there was a 10 year old girl who came all the way from St. Albans. His jokes were more on humiliating the audience. Well, I suppose that's what we call... erm... British humour. (but I may be wrong. I was told it is.)

Anyway, after a good 15 mins or so, Michael turned up and the director signalled us to clap and cheer. He had to retake the scene twice. After the introduction, there was a short break. Then Sharon Stone turned up and the interview began. Boy, she was sexy! Hot! Nose bleed! (that explains the nose bleed I had in the morning I guess =P) Sharon Stone, being Sharon Stone, is always associated with sex. And she's not ashamed to admit that! Even her jokes were associated with 'sizes & measurings'. At 48, she still manages to keep her slender figure. Amazing! She was here to promote her show Basic Instinct 2 (Cinemas in UK showing on 30th March) She also told us about what happened to her when she had a stroke a few years ago. After her interview, it was a break. For the first time in my life, I saw 3 make up artists attending to her, and 1 make up artists doing touch up on Michael.

The second guest was Stephen Fry. He was also promoting his new show, V For Vendetta. He's witty, he's humourous, he's smart. I like him. He also talked about his darker days when he was suffering from mental disease.

Then Bette Midler sang us a number- I'm a Woman. It was a tribute to Peggy Lee. Don't be intimidated if you haven't heard of her. Today is the first time in 30 years she set foot to London! She had to sing it twice because the producer wasn't happy with her performance. She had to retake the scene where she walked from stage 1 to stage 2 to meet Michael and guests. She's one bubbly lady. And my friend and I were so shocked when she blurted that she's 60! And I thought she's only in her early 40s!

After the show, Bette went into the control room to see if she was happy with her performance. Well, she had to do it for the third time because she wasn't happy. By then, a few people got up and left but we didn't. While waiting for Bette to get ready again, the lame comedian continued to entertain the crowd. Damn layan lah the old people. I could see how bored YF was. =P

The show ended shortly before 6pm. It was a good experience. It was my very first time watching a recorded show in a studio. I can only remember watching Money Matters in the TV3 building when I was 10 or so.

Van Morrison's coming up next week. I wonder if I'll still get to watch. =P