« Home | Dream » | Feeling Sick » | I'm Fine » | Tears » | Bad Hair Day » | Concentrate!!! » | Like Earthquake only » | Cooking Disasters » | Me likeyyyy » | Happy Day »

Evil Evil Evil

I was on Skype talking to GucciGoldPhish this evening. At the same time, I checked my bank account and I proudly told her 'Yay! haven't swiped my card for 5 days!'

Few minutes later, I received an email from Tesco and the title reads: Free Delivery on all DVDs, Games, CDs and Books. Now, don't we all just love free stuff? I do.

'I must get new books!' I told myself. I clicked on the link and browsed through the books and clicked 'add' everytime I saw a book which I fancy. Without me realising, there were 5 books in the 'shopping basket'. In my shopping basket was Joy Luck Club and The Kitchen's God's Wife by Amy Tan, Mao by Jung Chang, Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella and Empress Orchid by Anchee Min.

5 books!! I was feeling guilty. If I get 5 more, I'll have 6 unread books. No no no no no. I've stopped reading for a while actually. Blame it on the exams and oh, the telly too. I get so tired by the time I'm in bed all I wanted to do was to watch telly till I can't open my eyes anymore. The last book I read was Kafka on the Shore (by Harumi Murakami) and that was a few months ago. I reluctantly removed 2 books from the shopping basket.

The last time I read JLC was when I was in college and I enjoyed it. I'm finally getting it now. :) I read Jung's Wild Swans in May 2004. It's a good read and how can I resist her second book? A friend recommended Kitchen's God's Wife. She claims this is the best book written by Amy Tan.

And did I just say that I haven't swiped my debit card for 5 days? Darn. I spoke too soon. Online buying and Free Delivery. They share one thing in common: Evil.

Now, I better start throwing away my AC430 notes clearing up my book shelf to make place for my new books!


***

Sat for my first paper this morning. Sigh. It was hard. And I'm only hoping to pass. 50%. Just that. *fingers and toes crossed*

Thank you for all the good luck messages, prayers and wishes. {Hugs}