« Home | S is for... » | Disgusted » | You've Got Mail » | It's Spring but... » | British Humour » | Video: The Little Niece » | Le Palais du Jardin » | The Waiting Game » | Jumping on the bandwagon » | I Know I'll Miss.... »

The Other Half

So what happened to the other half of the trout?

Well, it's in my stomach now. *burp* Excuse me! =)

No, I didn't repeat the recipe. Instead, I modified Amy Beh's receipe.

Ingredients:
(A)


  • 2tsp fish curry powder
  • 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp whole cumin
  • 1-2 tsp oyster sauce
  • pepper
  • dash of Lea and Perrins
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 2-3 tsp olive oil

Obviously you need half a trout (or any fish) and half a lemon.

Marinate fish with (a) for few hours.

Cover the fish with aluminium foil or banana leaves and bake in a preheated oven at 180'C for about 30-45 minutes or until fish is cooked.

When the fish is done, unwrap, squeeze the lemon juice on the fish and dig in!

I had mine with a huge plate of salad.

*I agak-agak the measurement. I didn't use teaspoons to measure the ingredients so follow your instincts when you're preparing the ingredients.

here's the picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hungry yet?

***

my mom never breaks bad news to me the moment she hears it. She always tells me like a week later or worst still, few months later.

Like today, I found out that our family friend passed on via The Star. I was kinda surprised. Well, it was just a matter of time before he goes up there. Uncle Mike hadn't been very well, especially after he was robbed earlier this month. mom said the young chap pushed him and he fell and was admitted. I didn't ask about Uncle Mike's condition since then.

I quickly called mom. and after the hello-how-are-you-where-are-you conversation, I asked her

mom, uncle mike died already. how come you didn't tell me! [I was in a state of shock and the word 'died' just came out from my mouth. should have said 'passed away' instead lah. dumb me]
alamak.. who told you?
i read on the star online lor. why didn't you tell me?
aiyaa. you got exams ma, dont want you worry...

I was speechless.

And this afternoon, I was chatting to my brother.

bi ahh.. how come nobody told me uncle mike passed away?
har... sei lor.. er jie(second sis) sure kena from mommy one. [terrible la this brother of mine, accused his er jie like that. sorry arr meimei]
what? er jie didn't tell me lah. I read the news.
dun lie lar.. er jie told you. mommy sure scold her one.
.......

Apparently my mom told my sis, bro and cousin sister not to tell me. :/

My mom's too paraniod. :S