« Home | My little shoebox » | Da Paolo » | 08/08 » | Almost there » | Testing 1, 2, 3 » | Gibberish » | Errr.... Update? » | A Weird Encounter » | Let's talk about the weather, shall we? » | Unexpected »

Almost forgotten

I almost forgotten how it feels like when Mommy gives me the red light.
That excitement died down immediately. *poof* just like that.
I know there's no way I can persuade her. I tried anyway. I explained but all she said was "Another time lah. It's too soon."

I'm very disappointed.

Since I came abroad, Mommy hardly says no. Want to go for holidays? No problem. Shopping? Go ahead. When I complained that air tickets are expensive, she said "Don't worry lah. Just buy it." I didn't have to ask for permission before going on holidays with friends. All I had to do was tell her "Mom, I'm going for holidays with so-and-so for x number of days. We're going to blablabla". She never said no. Her reply was always positive for the past 4 years.

I called home tonight to ask for permission to go on holiday with the bf. We planned to go on a short trip before I leave home for 3 weeks in September. I was excited when he told me about the plan. He wanted to bring me to the oh-so-cliche-and-overrated Paris but I said no. I wanted some where else. I was so keen on Brussels. Eurostar had superb deals. Now everything is gone. GONE!

When she hesitated and told me "it's a bit too soon", I kept quiet. I was so disappointed. My heart weighed a tonne. I almost teared.

I've always do things MY way. I had all the freedom in the world to do everything I wanted. And 4 years later, I see a red light.

Sigh.

Better luck next time, perhaps.

Oh well, at least she didn't object like how she used to. To my surprise, she told me to enjoy myself and enjoy my time with him. That must be a big step for her, I reckon.

Hopefully in few months' time, I see a green light. =)

she'll learn to give more green lights soon... mothers will eventually see that their girls are growing up all too fast :)

Nevermind. There's always next time.

May: Hopefully.... fingers crossed!!

Jason: yeah =)

Post a Comment