« Home | Da Paolo » | 08/08 » | Almost there » | Testing 1, 2, 3 » | Gibberish » | Errr.... Update? » | A Weird Encounter » | Let's talk about the weather, shall we? » | Unexpected » | Bad Hair Day »

My little shoebox

In 5 days' time, I'll be leaving this shoebox. The shoebox I called home for the past 10 months. I moved in 15th October last year and on the 14 Aug, I'm out of this place.

My very first time living alone. All by myself. No room mate, no housemate. I come and go as I like. No bills to pay- everything is inclusive. Anything broken or not functioning? All I need is to ring up the maintenance manager and he will sought it out for me. My only complain is the internet connection. It's been pretty slow but I'm tired of complaining to the management. I had 2 neighbours (They moved out). Either one of them, or maybe both of them, smoked weed. The smell was unmistakable.

I like this area. It's too convenient. 2 tube stations and so many buses to bring me around London. I'm lucky. I can even walk to Oxford Street if I want to.

I never liked the idea of cooking in the studio. The smell stays for too long. In fact, I haven't cooked for at least a week. Instant noodles is another story. I've been too lazy to cook hence eating a meal a day only.

It was incredibly hot during the summer. The studio was like an oven and I was living in one. I dread to think about the heat anymore.

I started packing today. So far, I've packed all my text books, story books, notes and files and some misc items. I have 2 boxes and a bag so far. I have yet to pack kitchen utensils, fan-heater, speaker, clothes, duvet, shoes and food stuff. I don't know how many boxes I will need. I labelled each box so I know which box I should unpack first.

5 more days to go. I'll miss my little shoebox. It's definitely an experience living here.

Soon, I will not have the luxury of living alone. There are bills to pay. Housemate to live with. It's time to be considerate. It's time to communicate with her. It's time to experience the 'having a housemate' thing all over again. Hopefully, there are no major arguments. Hopefully, she does not mind when I bring friends over for meals or sleepovers. My fingers and toes are crossed.